Immigration policy

Immigration policy

Getting a study visa in New Zealand opens a fantastic range of possibilities, whatever field of study you want to pursue. You’ll benefit from the brilliant New Zealand colleges, universities, and schools, that are available, and you’ll experience our way of life.

There are several options for getting a study visa in NZ, depending on your circumstances. This includes having the ability to both work and study while you are here, plus you might also be able to bring your partner with you, and/or your children.

Contact us at New Zealand Integrity Investment to find out more.

Study Options Available

  • Universities including The University of Auckland, The University of Waikato, AUT University, and more
  • Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics – known as ITPs, they offer courses in a range of subjects where the focus is on practical skills as well as knowledge
  • New Zealand Private Training Establishments – known as PTEs, there are over 700 in the country offering courses in a range of subjects
  • English courses– many people also come to New Zealand to learn to speak English

Getting a New Zealand Student Visa

You can get a New Zealand student visa before you come to New Zealand or while you are already here on another visa. With a student visa, you can study any course, providing it is at an educational institution that is recognised. You are responsible for paying all course fees.

As part of your student visa application, you may also need to show you have sufficient funds for living expenses as well as proof you have either a ticket for a flight out of New Zealand or the money to purchase one.

The process can be complex, but our team will help you through it every step of the way. Please contact us today to find out more.

Remember also that you will probably need to regularly renew your student visa. We can help with this too.

Change a Student Visa to a Work Visa in New Zealand

You have several options if you want to change a student visa to a work visa in New Zealand. This includes getting either an open or employer-assisted post-study work visa.

There are requirements and criteria you will need to meet, but getting these visas lets you stay on in New Zealand once your course is finished.

To find out more about your options in these circumstances, please call us.